Charles Sturt University
Areas of specialty:
- Sports injuries
- Rehabilitating athletes to return to sport
- Helping people return to activities of everyday life
- Joint and muscle injuries, particularly interested in ankles, knees and lower backs
What do you enjoy about your current position?
Working at Active Lifestyle Physiotherapy, Mahesh enjoys:
- Diagnosing and rehabilitating sporting injuries.
- Helping athletes return to performing at elite levels
- Helping people return to full function and participate in activities of everyday life
- Being a part of a young, dynamic and fun team with a good learning and mentoring atmosphere
Mahesh has had experience across a wide range of settings during his training. Specifically, he has been involved with:
- Prince of Wales Hospital, Central Coast Health Service, Royal Children’s Hospital- Melbourne, Ballarat Health Service and Western Health Service- Melbourne, where he has gained experience in post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation, acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries and paediatric cardiovascular physiotherapy and general post operative physiotherapy.
- Diagnosing, assessing, treating and rehabilitating injuries sustained to athletes whilst playing various sports with his on site coverage experience having included:
– Basketball (Charles Sturt University and Norths Bears)
– Soccer (Charles Sturt University and Northern Spirit FC)
– Rugby (St Stanislaus High School in Bathurst)
Other projects/professional training/courses you are currently working on or will be commencing soon?
Mahesh has completed his:
- APA Sports Level One Qualification
- Sports Medicine Australia Advanced Sports Taping Course
He is also looking forward to:
- APA Sports Level Two Qualification
- APA Spinal Physiotherapy Level One Course
- Dry Needling
Hobbies and Interests outside of work:
Mahesh loves his sport and is currently playing basketball in the Waratah Basketball League (ABA) of NSW, and has played tennis and volleyball at state and national levels. He enjoys watching sports including basketball, tennis, cricket, rugby league and basically anything else that involves a ball! He also loves to game on his Playstation 4 (especially FIFA and NBA), and loves watching movies.