Here is a simple and effective exercise from on of our Psychologists, Jayne Cat.
Use this when you are feeling stressed, anxious or just can not concentrate. When this is mastered, you will be able to calm yourself and focus more effectively within minutes.
- Sit in a relaxed position with your back straight,
- Take a deep breath in through your mouth,
- Pull this breath down as far as you can take it, all the way to the bottom of your stomach,
- Hold this breath for the count of five,
- Breath out through your mouth.
- Repeat this for a period of five minutes or until you feel more in control and are able to concentrate.
Medicare rebates may apply for standard consultations. For more information, please contact our office.